Our relationship with our cottage owners is a partnership. We depend on each other for success. We ask the owner to provide a top quality cottage and a warm welcome and we deliver highly targeted marketing and bookings management systems.
As with any partnership, we can only succeed if we both share common aims and values. For us, and the owners who work with us, these are to offer only the very best cottages and the highest level of service to our guests.
Why choose Peak Holidays?
- Track Record of Success: In all of the last 3 years we achieved over 44 bookings a year at each and everyone of our cottages – many achieved more, with an average of 54 bookings per cottage. We use the web as our main method of marketing. We know the local Peak District market very well, We will work to maximise your income from your Holiday let. Our objective is maximum occupancy at the highest possible nightly rate.
- Size Matters: We are a small company which means that we know all of our cottages and owners personally. This detailed knowledge allows us to form a relationship with potential or returning guests built on trust and a detailed knowledge of the cottages we are selling. And we can add a personal touch to every communication or letter we send.
- Knowledge & Experience: Unlike many other agencies, we own cottages ourselves. We are hands-on people – every week we will conduct at least one cottage changeover ourselves – washing & ironing the laundry, carrying out routine maintenance, cleaning the cottage and greeting the new guests at the cottage. This gives us a real insight and experience of refurbishing, preparing and running cottages which we will happily share with you.
- Availability: These days it is important to be available to customers when they want you. Our office is open every day of the week – 9am – 9pm – to take holiday enquiries and bookings; and speak with cottage owners. We have a 24×7 helpline for guests during their stay should there be any issues or queries, so we can deal with them immediately. Our web site is available 24 hours a day, every day.
- Reliability: Managing the letting of a holiday cottage demands real attention to detail: ensuring that the right money is collected at the right time, the relevant personalised confirmations are sent and all the contractual details are covered. We take care of all that and make sure that every guest receives plenty of relevant information about the cottage and the Peak District to help them plan their holiday – even if they are booking at the very last minute. We understand the importance of cash flow and regard prompt, accurate payments as a key part of our service to you.
- Transparency: We have a simple pricing policy: to start with, we price our cottages competitively and “the price you see on our web-site is the price you pay” – no booking fees, no charge to pay with a credit card, pets welcome at no extra charge, fuel, bed-linen and towels are included. We take a similar approach with cottage owners. We have a simple, commission based approach, which is very competitive.
Typically we charge 10% + VAT for these services.
If you share our views and agree with our approach, please do contact us. Whether you have a property to let right now, a potential purchase in mind or just a project at the planning stage, we are happy to offer our expertise on an entirely free and no obligation basis.
We want to be able to say honestly that we recommend the cottage rather than just promote it. Simply, we want to work with people who care as much as we do.
Holiday Changeover & Management: We also offer a complete holiday cottage changeover package including cleaning, linen changes, welcome packs and meeting guests – making ownership of a holiday cottage a profitable business without the hard work and administration.
Find out more about the holiday changeover and management services we offer at our sister website and team who work under the Cottage Team brand