End Cottage is full of charm and character with original features throughout including:
- Cosy sitting room with smart TV & log burning stove
- Fully fitted kitchen including oven & hob, microwave oven, fridge freezer & dishwasher
- Three bedrooms, upstairs, located over 2 floors;
- 1st Floor: Two double bedrooms
- 2nd Floor: Double bedroom with a private snug / quiet room
- Two family bathrooms;
- 1st Floor: Family Bathroom with bath and separate shower
- 2nd Floor: Family bathroom with shower
- Basement games / family room with football table game, sofa's and some children's toys & washing machine
- Gas central heating, all fuel and power
- Bed linen and towels included
- Free Wifi available
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Well behaved pets welcome at no extra charge
- Please note that this property does not have any outside space, but good walks for pets are available from the cottage
- Private off-street parking for one car. Further on-street parking a short walk away
- A welcome pack including a pint of milk, some tea & coffee for that important cuppa when you arrive!
The Cottage is available for flexible bookings throughout the year.
We look after our cottages and our guests personally and are on-call throughout your stay should you need any help or advice.
The picturesque and historic market town of Bakewell is the largest settlement in the Peak District National Park, and is well known to residents and visitors alike as the `Capital of the Derbyshire Dales. Bakewell really is a little gem of a town in the heart of the glorious Peak District. The wonderful old buildings, the character cottages, the meandering river with banks of green willow – Bakewell is simply a truly beautiful place.
There are pubs, restaurants and eateries galore. It’s the home of the infamous Bakewell pudding, the dessert that went wrong but has now gone so right!
The River Wye is a major river of the western part of the Peak it rises on Axe Edge above Buxton and flows eastwards passing through Buxton and Bakewell to join the Derwent at Rowsley. The Parish Church of All Saints at Bakewell, whose fine spire and unusual octagonal tower have been a landmark on the hillside overlooking the town for over six hundred years. Its Market Charter was granted in 1330, and there is an open market in the town every Monday, whilst the Cattle Market is one of the largest in the county.
Haddon Hall, barely a mile away down the valley is regarded as the finest medieval Manor House in England, and is a seat of the Duke of Rutland, whilst the Duke of Devonshire’s splendid Chatsworth House, known as the Palace of the Peak, stands sedately beside the Derwent less than three miles away. Bakewell has a golf course to the east of the town accessible from Station Road, whilst also accessible from the Old Station car park nearby is the Monsal Trail. The Trail was once the main railway line to Buxton and Manchester, but now provides one of the most scenic of walks both beside the Wye, and through some of the most picturesque of dales landscapes all the way to Miller’s Dale
We offer flexible holidays all year round - book the length of holiday you want, starting on the day you prefer. We do not apply booking fees, charge for paying with a credit card, insist on holiday insurance or have any other hidden charges. Please read our Booking conditions We offer Length of Stay discounts when you book more than a 3 night stay: Book 4 nights, get 10% off; 5 nights, get 20% off; 6 nights, get 30% off ; 7 nights +, get 35% off.
Our simple 5 stage process
- Get the price: Use the search bar below to select your chosen dates for this cottage and press "Search". Then scroll down to see the price.
- Book online or give us a call: You can book online securely, using the booking form below and secure your holiday by using a credit / debit card. Alternatively, call us on 01629 828 301 - no booking forms to fill out and we will do all the paperwork.
- Confirmation & final payments If you book online you will be sent confirmation by email shortly after you complete the upfront payment. Bookings for holidays due within 6 weeks of contacting us will need to be paid for in full within 48 hours of making your upfront payment online - in those situations we will take the final payment automatically from the card used to make your upfront payment. If your holiday is more than 6 weeks away, we will contact you when your final payment is due, so don’t worry about forgetting a payment.
- Joining instructions: All our cottages now have keysafe's so you can get into the cottage anytime after the cottage is ready. All the 'how to' instructions and local information are online, and details are sent out the day before you arrive, so you can familiarise yourself with everything before you arrive and plan your holiday in the Peak District.
- Enjoy ! Relax & enjoy your holiday! But if there are any problems or you want some information about the Peak District we have a 24 hour guest support line.