We work hard to make all of our cottages a real home from home.
Our aim is to deliver the very best level of service to our guests. We don’t like wonky pictures, we don’t like broken lightbulbs, we don’t like crumbs under sofa cushions…
We pride ourselves on our personal, hands-on approach. With over 15 years’ experience, and as owners of a number of successful holiday cottages in the Peak District too, we fully understand that holiday makers’ expectations are high, and that they expect the very best each and every time.
We have strict high standards for the furnishing, equipment levels and cleanliness in all of our cottages.
We personally inspect our cottages quarterly to ensure standards are being maintained – and the people you speak to on the phone visit all the properties regularly too, so they can answer your questions from first hand experience rather than rely on a few notes.
We will meet you at the cottage to show you around, make sure you know how everything works, answer any queries you may have, and give you the keys. Cottages are available from 4pm on your day of arrival, and we ask you to leave by 10am on your day of departure. And if anything does go wrong or you need advice, we are on-call 24 hours a day, throughout your stay.
Minimum Standard & Facilities
We have tried to make the cottages a home-from-home so hopefully you will find most things you need at the cottage. These are self-catering cottages so you will need to bring (or buy locally) your own food and other supplies you may need. Not every cottage is equipped to the same standard, but all our properties have everything you need for an enjoyable holiday. Out of consideration to other visitors who will subsequently occupy the cottage, we ask guests not to smoke inside the cottage. The following are always provided – some cottages have even more, see the individual cottage descriptions:
- Fuel, bed linen & towels included in the price;
- All the kitchen utensils, crockery, cookware and appliances you would expect for every day use; the minimum appliances in all our cottages are a fitted oven & hob, microwave, electric kettle, electric toaster, fridge (with freezer compartment), washing machine & tumble dryer;
- Well furnished sitting rooms with enough comfortable chairs for all guests. A dining table and chairs that can accommodate all the guests at once. A colour TV. Some cottages also have a DVD player, Radio / CD player, and a log burning stove, with an initial supply of logs;
- Comfortable beds, with all double beds being accessible from both sides. Wardrobes and storage for your clothes;
- Family bathroom with WC, bath (with shower over), and basin
- Free access to WiFi;
- Cot & High chair available on request;
- Visitor attraction guides and maps
- Pets welcome at no extra charge
- A welcome pack including a pint of milk, some tea & coffee for that important cuppa when you arrive!
- Individual help with special needs
- A very warm welcome!
As part of your starter pack, we will also equip the cottage with:
- A pint of milk, some tea, coffee and sugar
- Two clean tea towels & Oven Gloves
- Clean table cloth on Dining table
- An initial supply of Toilet Rolls
- Roll of Kitchen Paper
- Bottle of washing-up liquid, new J-cloth & new washing-up sponge / scourer
- Spare bin-liner for kitchen bin
- An initial supply of dishwasher tablets (where applicable)
- Liquid soap in dispensers at hand basins
- A small supply of toiletries in case you forget something!